Today NVIDIA released anew GeForce Game Ready driver for the brand new GeForce RTX 4080 GPU, which is available now from NVIDIA and top add-in card providers, as well as from gaming system integrators and builders worldwide.
The drivers bring with it support for more DLSS games, including new DLSS 3 games just in time for the GeForce RTX 4080 GPU launch. Gamers will want to download and install this new driver to get systems Game Ready for the launch of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PC on November 18.
The Game Ready Driver for GeForce RTX 4080 also adds support for the launch of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, enhanced with a full slate of RTX tech, and World of Warcraft: Dragonflight. Plus, support for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak’s NVIDIA DLAA update, and WRC Generations – The FIA WRC Official Game‘s DLSS 3 update.
Additionally, the new driver also includes support for the HDR10+ GAMING standard, and adds DLSS 3 improvements for G-SYNC and VSYNC, CUDA 12, which powers NVIDIA’s world-leading AI software development platform for STEM and software developers, 12 new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, and 7 new GeForce Experience One-Click Optimal Playable Settings profiles.
Table of Contents
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Swings into Action on PC with NVIDIA DLSS 3, DLAA, Reflex, Ray-traced Reflections and Ray-traced Shadows
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is loaded with PC-specific features, including NVIDIA DLSS 3, NVIDIA DLAA, NVIDIA Reflex, ray-traced reflections and ray-traced shadows. Players with previous-generation GPUs can use DLSS 2 Super Resolution in the game.
GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs can leverage the power of DLSS 3 to accelerate the action by over 2X, giving them over 120 FPS at 4K. And those players with previous-generation GPUs, using DLSS 2 Super Resolution, will see performance increase by over 2X at 4K, with max settings and all ray-traced settings set to their highest levels.
Game Ready for Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Pre-Order Beta and WRC Generations
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide launches on November 30, but on November 17, all PC players with a digital pre-order from Steam and the Windows Store will receive an invite to the Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Pre-Order Beta. When this Pre-Order Beta launches, it will be loaded with game-enhancing technologies that give GeForce RTX gamers the definitive experience.
NVIDIA DLSS 3 will accelerate performance significantly, NVIDIA Reflex will reduce system latency, making gameplay more responsive, and ray-traced reflections and global illumination lighting will take your graphics to the next level.
World Rally Championship fans will be thrilled to know that on November 16 WRC Generations will update with support for DLSS 3, accelerating frame rates on GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics cards. WRC Generations launched with DLSS 2 on November 3.
More Game Ready Goodies and Upgrades
- Need for Speed Unbound races into action November 29 with DLSS 3. Find out more here.
- DLSS 2 Super Resolution is coming to Forza Horizon 5 (available now), Titan Station (available now), Valkyrie Elysium (available now), Ballads of Hongye (available now), Frozen Flame (Nov 17), Evil West (Nov. 22), and Gungrave G.O.R.E (Nov 22). Find out more here.
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will be adding NVIDIA DLAA in an update launching in the November Title Update 3. Find out more here.
- NVIDIA Reflex is available now in A Plague Tale: Requiem, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, DOTA 2, Justice, Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, WRC Generations – The FIA WRC Official Game and SUPER PEOPLE. Find out more here
- November also sees the release of seven new NVIDIA Reflex-compatible mice, which work in concert with GeForce Experience and NVIDIA Reflex gaming monitors to measure end-to-end system latency, from the click of a mouse, to the action incurring in the game, to that being shown on your display. Find out more here,
- The new Game Ready Driver provides the best experience in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight.
- The new Game Ready Driver offers official DLSS 3 support for VSYNC on G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible monitors and TVs, so gamers can enjoy a responsive, tear-free experience when playing or capturing their game.
- NVIDIA RTX IO, a suite of technologies that enable rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, is now supported in our new Game Ready Driver for DirectStorage 1.1 and RTX IO Vulkan Extensions on RTX GeForce 20, 30 and 40 Series graphics cards. Find out more here.
- The new Game Ready Driver supports the HDR10+ GAMING standard on GeForce RTX and GeForce GTX 16 Series graphics cards and laptops. Using our new NVAPI v2 HDR instructions, developers can add HDR10+ to their games, enabling compatible displays to take advantage of more accurate colour and brightness reproduction. Find out more here.
- The New Game Ready Driver adds support for 12 new G-SYNC Compatible displays, including:
- AOC AG275QX
- AOC AG325QX
- AOC PD27S
- AOC Q32G3WG3
- ASUS PG42UQ
- ASUS VG249QM1A
- ASUS XG32UQ
- Corsair 32QHD240
- Eve ES07D02
- Philips 27M1N5900
- Philips TV FTV OLED907
- Philips TV FTV OLED937
- The new Game Ready driver includes support for the latest CUDA release, CUDA 12, which powers NVIDIA’s world-leading AI software development platform. As part of this platform, we’re announcing support for NVIDIA RAPIDS and Learning Deep Learning, a core software package and a key learning resource. These were previously only available on Linux, but now come to Windows 11 running on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). See our blog post.
- The new Game Ready driver adds GeForce Experience’s one-click optimal settings for:
- A Plague Tale: Requiem
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
- Dakar Desert Rally
- Diablo Immortal
- PC Building Simulator 2
- UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection
About Game Ready Drivers
GeForce Game Ready Drivers deliver the best experience for your favourite games because they are finely tuned in collaboration with developers and extensively tested across thousands of desktop and laptop hardware configurations for maximum performance and reliability.
NVIDIA’s Game Ready Driver program was created from the ground up as a method to provide the best gaming experience possible. This program creates a synergy with game developers, establishing a regular cadence of exchanging pre-release game builds and drivers. We work together on finding optimisations and resolving issues, and iterate builds accordingly to ensure both the game and the Game Ready Driver deliver the highest quality and performance at launch.