In preparation for the start of SIM Registration on Dec. 27, Smart Communications, Inc. has released its initial list of SIM Registration FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) to guide all Smart and TNT subscribers here http://bitly.ws/xZxS.
If you are a Smart Prepaid, Smart Postpaid, Smart Bro, TNT, or Enterprise customer, here’s what you need to know about SIM Registration FAQs to make sure you continue to experience the Philippines’ Best and Fastest Mobile Network, as recognized by Ookla:
SIM Registration FAQs
1. What is SIM Registration?
Republic Act No. 11934 mandates all SIM users, both existing and new, to register their SIMs with their current Telcos.
2. Why do I need to register my SIM?
The SIM Registration Law aims to protect users from any SIM, Internet or Electronic communication aided crimes such as, but not limited to terrorism, text scams, unsolicited, indecent or obscene messages, bank fraud, libel, anonymous online defamation, trolling, hate speech and spread of digital disinformation or fake news.
3. SIM Card Registration for New Users
- Starting Dec. 27, new SIM cards will require SIM registration prior to activation. The following information will be collected:
- Full name
- Present or official address
- ID and ID number
- A liveness check or selfie photo will be required for validation
- Businesses or organizations will be required to provide the following:
- Business name
- Business address
- Full name of authorized signatory
- Beginning Dec. 27, subscribers can register for FREE through https://smart.com.ph/simreg.
4. SIM Card Registration for Existing Users
- Smart Prepaid, Smart Bro, and TNT subscribers must register through https://smart.com.ph/simreg. Registration is FREE.
- Smart Postpaid subscribers will be notified and will be asked for their confirmation. The customer details and documents they have provided when they subscribed to Smart service/s will suffice.
- Enterprise Customers will be notified and will be asked for their confirmation to register their existing information with Smart thru their authorized signatories.
5. SIM Card Registration for Minors
- For minor end-users, the registration of the SIM shall be under the name of the minor’s parent or guardian.
6. SIM Card Registration for Foreign Nationals/Tourists
- Foreign nationals are required to give the following information:
- Full name
- Address in the Philippines
- Type of travel or admission document presented
- ID number or number of document presented
- SIM cards of tourists will only be valid for 30 days, to be deactivated upon expiration.
- Foreign nationals with other types of visas an acquire SIM cards without the 30-day restriction.
7. How many SIM cards can I register?
There is no limit to the number of SIMs you can register.
Learn more about SIM Registration FAQs by following Smart and TNT official social media accounts. #SmartSIMReg.