Once again, we find ourselves in the month when Apple reveals its most recent iPhone offerings for 2023. Apple introduces the new features of their iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. Undoubtedly, as you consider whether to upgrade following this announcement, this guide is here to assist you in making an informed decision between the available options or deciding if it’s best to hold off this time.
Why You Should Get the iPhone 15?
- Improved Portrait Photography – All iPhone 15 models are now offering enhanced portrait mode photography. It will capture more detailed and vibrant portrait shots, even in low-light conditions. Additionally, they made it be easier to use as you don’t need to set it up before you shoot the image. You can just edit it later in the Photo app.
- USB Type-C Charger – With the rules of the EU that USB Type-C will become the standard for charging phones. Apple needed to comply for them to sell their iPhone in the EU market. If you have tons of gadgets that use USB Type-C for charging, this will make you carry only one cable now.
- Dynamic Island – The iPhone 15 will now use the Dynamic Island that was exclusive to the Pro and Pro Max on their last year’s model. It will give you updates and better notifications at the top of your display.
Why You Should Get The iPhone 15 Pro?
- Design Upgrade – The iPhone 15 Pro frame will now be made of titanium which is much tougher and fingerprint-resistant compared to the stainless steel used on their last generations. Aside from that, it will replace the ring/mute switch with an Action Button which you can still control the ring and mute but you can program to open apps, turn on the flashlight, and many more.
- Pro Camera – The iPhone 15 Pro’s 48MP camera will have three focal length settings (24mm, 28mm, and 35mm) giving you more control over your shots. It can also capture HEIF image with 4x greater resolutions. The iPhone 15 Pro Max model will introduces a 5x Telephoto camera with a 120mm focal length for stunning optical zoom.
- Gaming Powerhouse – The iPhone 15 Pro comes equipped with the A17 Pro chip, offering improved battery life and enabling you to play console-quality games like Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Death Stranding, and Assassin’s Creed Mirage. Hardware-accelerated ray tracing enhances lighting for a premium gaming experience.
Why You Might Want To Skip The iPhone 15 Series?
- You Don’t Like The Dynamic Island – The Dynamic Island, previously exclusive to the iPhone 14 Pro, is now on every iPhone 15 model. If you find it more distracting than useful, you might want to wait for the next iteration.
- Looking For Smaller Phone – Apple’s latest tech is reserved for phones with screens measuring 6.1 inches and larger. If you prefer a more compact device, consider the 3rd generation iPhone SE.
- You are using an iPhone 14 – If you’re holding onto an iPhone 14, there’s no rush to jump on the upgrade train just yet. The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max remain excellent choices, even though they’re a year old. And don’t dismiss the other iPhone 14 models either; they might not have received the same flashy upgrades as the Pros, but they’re still reliable devices that don’t need immediate replacement.
The iPhone 15 series brings enticing options for potential buyers, but the decision to upgrade hinges on individual preferences. The iPhone 15 offers enhanced portrait photography, USB Type-C charging compliance for EU markets, and the convenient Dynamic Island feature.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 15 Pro boasts a robust titanium frame, an Action Button for added functionality, a versatile 48MP camera with multiple focal lengths, and impressive gaming capabilities with the A17 Pro chip.
However, if you find the Dynamic Island distracting, prefer a more compact device, or are content with your iPhone 14’s performance, there’s no urgency to switch. The choice ultimately depends on your specific needs and priorities.